Maciek’s limitless stoke for life is infectious, which is evident in his fast and furious ascents. Born just before Soviet rule ended in Poland, Maciek carries on the hardcore climbing ethics of his heroes from the Polish golden age but brings a certain spunk that was not afforded to that generation. Maciek, who is an International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations mountain guide, is known for his objective choices - training and taking his guests to harder, less traveled routes ultimately giving them a more authentic experience. With a passion for finding the 'simpatico tempo' of mountain travel, Maciek merely sees climbing as a wonderful dance. Based in the Tatra Mountains, Maciek shares his knowledge and excitement for the alpine with his children and the younger generation of climbers in Poland.
- Four routes in one month, including first 'pain style' ascent of Cobra Pillar, Ruth Gorge, Alaska, USA
- Yosemite Ascents, including one repetition of an obscure route Central Scrutinizer VI, 5.11, A4+ and lots of one-day ascents of El Cap including the Nose in under 10 hours, Yosemite, USA
- Three new routes in Nameless Trango Tower area and 52 hours long ascent of Nameless Tower, Pakistan
- Second ascent of War and Poetry, Greenland,VI,12c and first free ascent of White Stupid Man
- First free ascents and winter speed records in Tatras, Poland
- New variation on Agullie Mermoz, Patagonia