Madison, Wisconsin, USA
To the annoyance and awe of almost all of his partners, Jonathan aka J-Star is one of the most technical climbers in the world. With over 300 5.14 climbs under his belt along with numerous 5.15s, he is on the cutting edge of what can be climbed. Jonathan cites hard work and scientific training to his super technician status, although his father, Bob, climbs 5.13 - so it might just be the zeitgeist of the Siegrists. Nevertheless, Jonathan’s study and intensity for climbing will never overshadow his intrepid zeal for life and connection.
- Jumbo Love 5.15b at Clark Mountain, USA, 2018
- Pachamama 5.15a/b, Joe Mama 5.15a, and Chaxi 5.15a all in three weeks in Oliana, Spain, 2017
- Dunn Westby Direct 5.14 V alpine route on The Diamond, USA, 2016
- Twelve boulders V12 or harder including Jade V14, Rocky Mountain National Park, USA all in June 2015
- First Ascent of Enter the Dragon, 5.14a trad, The Fins, Idaho, USA, 2012
- Sent over 300 5.14’s since 2007