Florian is rarely seen without a smile on his face, even during the most grueling races. He started running in track and field, winning many races in various distances, which led him to compete in college at Amherst College in Division III winning the Cross Country Championship in 2007. Flo, as he is endearingly called by friends, has had a string of continued successes from 5000m on the track to marathons. But Flo’s true calling came out when he began to run in the mountains, a kind of running he describes as an “exhale from racing". Flo found his real rhythm and perfect backdrop with the challenge of steep terrain and the vast landscapes of the alpine and he hasn’t been able to stop grinning since. As a member of the German Mountain Running National team, Flo seamless combines his team player mentality with the solitude of mountain running. Flo would love to spend every hour of the day skyrunning (and eating); however, he happily has a day job as a high school English, Spanish and Physical Ed teacher where he inspires his students to find their own 'flow'.
- Madeira Island ultra trail marathon 2017, 42 km/+1200, first place; 3:24:21 hours, 2017
- WMRA Mountain Running World Championships long distance, 42 km/+1900, 13th Place, 3:18:26 hours, Zermatt, Switzerland, 2015
- WMRA World Mountain Running Championships long distance, 36 km/+2200, 14th Place, 2:49:55 hours, Poland, 2018
- German championships ultratrail, 65 km/+1500, first place, 4:29:03 hours, 2016
- German championships road marathon, 42 km/+0, first place team, 2:26:06 hours, 2012
- Großglockner Ultratrail KTT 50, 50 km/+2200, first place, 4:37:18 hours, Austria, 2018