Fenwick, Ontario, Canada
Although Sarah climbs in some of the coldest places, she has the biggest, warmest heart in climbing. As one of the most sought after Association of Canadian Mountain Guides alpine guides in Canada, Sarah has also been a part of a number of first ascent teams worldwide and was the first North American woman to climb grades M11 - M14. It turns out that recognition is not what motivates her, rather what really drives her is usually curiosity. For well over a decade, Sarah has been offering female-only mountaineering courses. These courses have fostered hundreds of women to become self-sufficient in the mountains. The numbers jump to the thousands when you add in the co-ed courses she offers as well as her private guiding. For Sarah, the mountains are about connecting to herself and others.
- First North American woman to climb M11, M12, M13 and M14
- The First female ascent of the Mustang, Vail, Colorado, USA
- North American lead difficulty Ice Champion 2014-2016
- Ouray, difficulty second place in 2018, 2017, 2015, and third in speed, 2017, 2018
- Rock climb Redpoint, 5.13c
- ACMG full alpine guide, alpine examiner for the ACMG and committee chair for the Women in the ACMG