Aspen, Colorado, USA
Janelle entered the earth at great heights, in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. With instinctual endurance and speedy style, Janelle summits peaks so smoothly that some wonder if she was a mountain goat in a past life. Janelle holds the women's speed record for running the Teton Grand Traverse, as well as many first females ski descents and first female climbing ascents. She has won seven national SkiMo titles and was the first and only woman to ski across the entire Alps Mountain Range, from Austria to France, in 36 consecutive days. These feats may seem supernatural, but Janelle credits a holistic approach to her endeavours and in every aspect of her life, including the monumental adventure of motherhood. Expect to keep seeing Janelle running around in the mountains just with a little girl in tow.
- Women’s speed record for running the Teton Grand Traverse, Wyoming
- Five-time National Ski Mountaineering Champion
- Two-time North American Ski Mountaineering Champion
- First ski descent, Huandoy East (6000m), Peru
- Ski toured across the entire Alps Range in 36 days
- Climbed the 48 classic climbs of North America