Stian grew up like many Norweigns paragons - skiing before he could walk. He mastered every ski discipline, including ski jumping in his adolescence and at age 19 he went wild for extreme skiing in Chamonix, wowing the world with his rebellious and righteous turns. As a pioneer in freeskiing, Stian has left his mark on the sport with radical inputs on equipment, leading to gear which has enhanced user performance. Stian, who is also an International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations mountain guide has never forgotten his roots, and continues to mentor many youths in Norway. He is known for linking the Jotunheimen Haute Route which has become the country’s favourite ski traverse. As an obsessive study, Stian spends his free time acquiring new hobbies and skills, ranging from potography to free diving. However, Stian is the happiest traveling with his brood and teaching them to enjoy the subtle moments.
- Met so many incredible people from around the world and getting to know them and call them my friends
- Made it a lifetime career, not only a few years
- Stayed alive and not getting seriously hurt
- Opened the Norwegian Haute route
- Had the opportunity to work with some very talented people to design the best ski gear on the market
- Skied all winter every winter