Edale, Peak District, England
Most people remember the first time they climbed. Katy hasn’t the faintest memory since she has been climbing all her life. Katy grew up on the gritstone in the Peak District in a family of climbers. Perhaps that is why Katy is so comfortable climbing and always giggling at the crag - happy childhood memories of her playground. Known for her pleasant and supportive nature, Katy is a perfect climbing partner until the snacks run out. It's best to keep a stash of pancakes when climbing with Katy. When she is well-fed, Katy is one of the best gritstone climbers in the world and is famous for her precisely balanced movement and technique, sending hard climbs on the unforgiving rock. However, her most difficult send to date was giving birth to her baby girl Pippa.
- The birth of first born baby girl, Pippa, at home without pain relief
- Was lucky enough to work for one of the best outdoor companies in the world (Arc’teryx) whilst being able to have the time to travel and climb around the world
- Redpointed opposite style 8b+, Mecca the Midlife Crisis in Raven Tor, UK and China Crisis in Oliana, Spain
- Headpointed a dream gritstone route, Gaia, E8 6c at Black Rocks in the Peak District, UK
- Headpointed the bold and tenuous gritstone route, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, E8 6c, Derbyshire, UK
- Climbed from ground up, Toy Boy, E7 7a and The Angel’s Share, E8 6c, both in the Peak District, UK