Gian doesn’t leave his backyard much, but when you live in the Engadine Valley, why would you? The cheerful Swiss International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations mountain guide has traveled all over the world climbing classics, but he is most happy on his home turf, or as he calls it, 'paradise'. From granite to gneiss, to fickle limestone, Gian’s summers are spent sampling the local rock. In the winter he enjoys five minute approaches to ice routes and easy access to huts. Yet, Gian, who always knew he wanted to be a mountain guide, believes whole-heartedly that playing the mountains is it is not about where you are but rather, who you are with.
- A passion for skiing, snowboarding, ice climbing, mountaineering and rock climbing
- Had the opportunity to climb and ski in the most amazing places on earth
- Never had to go far to find new lines and perfect terrain
- Lived and still living a mountaineering paradise
- It is not about what you are doing, but more about who you are doing it with