Alpha SV Jacket
The Alpha SV was created to address the need for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness and withstand the severity of alpine terrain and climate conditions. Hardwearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV was introduced in 1998 and quickly became an icon. It still stands as an essential hardshell for any serious alpine, rock or ice climber willing to brave extreme conditions.
Constructed from N80p-X , a face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket delivers exceptional durability, yet is supple and resilient. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the fabric utilizes larger yarns that are very tightly woven to create a smooth but highly abrasion resistant surface.
Arc'teryx constantly refines their designs, seeking the most effective answers to unforgiving environments and technical problems. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the Alpha SV delivers essential, focused features. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs, and the helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face. Removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness and WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
Arc’teryx e3D patterning provides enhanced mobility with a precise, clean, use specific fit that doesn’t sacrifice coverage. The Athletic fit is streamlined, but accommodates layers, and the Arc’teryx commitment to ergonomic freedom, especially vital while climbing, is a key aspect of the Alpha SV’s legendary performance.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Highly durable
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- GORE-TEX® Pro three-layer construction
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Fully reinforced for maximum durability
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- Outdoor Magazine Test Win (Germany)
- Men's Journal Gear Lab Approved
- Forbes.com - Top 5 New Winter Gear Pieces 2013
- Backpacker Magazine's Lifetime Award
- Outdoor Gear Lab Editor's Choice Award