Mid-Layer-and-Fleece Synthetic Fill
Customer Service TipsOur Nuclei products have non-locking zippers by design. One purpose of the non-locking zipper is that it is easier to operate with one hand. This design feature also helps to limit the possibility of damage to the zipper and lightweight face fabric directly adjacent to the zipper.
By combining the lightweight performance of Coreloft™ synthetic insulation, Airetica™ ripstop nylon and highly efficient ergonomic patterning, Arc’teryx created a hooded alpinist’s belay jacket that packs to the size of a water bottle and delivers effective warmth for a mere 250 grams. The fit is trim for maximum thermal efficiency, and the articulated patterning and gusseted underarms provide elevated ergonomic freedom.
Utilizing different volumes of Coreloft™ insulation helped Arc’teryx reduce weight and bulk without sacrificing effective warmth. Using a mapping for warmth approach, they placed loftier 80g Coreloft™ in the body, and a 60g Coreloft™ in the sleeves and side panels to aid breathability, reduce bulk and add mobility.
Working towards the goal of minimizing weight and bulk, features are thoughtful and focused. The Nuclei’s internal pocket serves as an integrated stuff sack. A carabiner clip loop makes it easy to fasten to a harness or pack. Elastic binding around the sleeve cuffs and hood are light, smooth and create a secure fit. Hand pockets have streamlined, invisible zippers.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Packs up small for easy travel storage
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- Low profile
- Compressible and packable
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated elbows
- Gusseted underarms
- Hood fits under helmet
- Insulated hood
- Full front zip with chin guard and wind flap
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Internal stow pocket with attachment point
- Two hand pockets with hidden zippers
- Included mini stuff sack with drawcord closure
- Coreloft™ 80 (80 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Coreloft™ 60 (60 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Airetica™—100% nylon, 34 g/m². Tightly constructed, high tenacity, 20x10 denier ripstop nylon with a smooth hand.
- Machine wash in cold water.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Klettern Magazine Recommended (Germany)
- Desnivel Gear Award Silver Winners - Midlayer Insulation