Alpha FL 30 Backpack
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Arc'teryx and Dealer Inventory Search - Buy Online from an Arc'teryx Dealer
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx BUT it is available to buy from our online dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
Alpha FL packs were created for climbers and alpinists who want a light, durable and highly weather resistant pack that is pared down to be as simple as possible. No extraneous straps or parts. To save weight and provide the climber with easy access to contents, the traditional top lid has been replaced with our RollTop™ closure and an external security pocket. The RollTop™ provides a weatherproof seal, extends the packs volume and when not needed tucks inside the pack for quicker access. External lash points can be used to attach tools, crampons, extra layers, helmets, sleeping pads, etc. Shoulder straps are soft-edged and carry extremely comfortably with heavy or light loads.
Ultralight and fast, highly weather resistant and alpine strong, the Alpha FL 30 is for built for climbers. An intense focus on the realities of moving fast on rock and ice led to this versatile, streamlined pack that combines leading edge fabric technologies, performance focused design and a confident simplicity.
LIGHT BY DESIGN
Every element is carefully considered. Each feature has a specific reason. With no extraneous materials or aspects, the Alpha FL 30 sheds grams without sacrificing strength or performance.
Arc'teryx developed N400-AC², a unique nylon fabric that sheds weather. PU coated inside and out, the fabric is water, snow and even air-impermeable. The RollTop™ closure shuts out the elements, and the seams are taped to complete the seal.
Focused attention to detail includes a white interior for heightened internal visibility, a glove-friendly draw cord opening for ease of access in freezing conditions, and a unique laminated shoulder strap construction that delivers comfort without unnecessary weight.
FAST AND LIGHTt
The pack weighs a mere 610 grams (21.5 ounces) and is optimized to work with our companion gear. Use it in tandem with our Alpha FL jacket and pant for an ultra-fast, ultralight, alpine-ready set-up built for the harshest conditions.
Pack Body: N400r-AC² nylon 6 ripstop is coated on both sides to create an air impermeable, waterproof textile. White pigmented inner surface reflects light to help reveal the contents of the bag. Seams are taped for greater weather resistance.
Back Panel: HD 80 foam is a high density polyethylene foam that provides support and structure to the bag, plus comfort against the back.
Collar: N100mr-HT and N70r-HT are used to create the extendable, water resistant RollTop™ closure.
Shoulder straps: N400r-AC² nylon 6 ripstop, Burly™ Double Weave and Hypercell foam are laminated to each other to create luxuriously soft edged shoulder straps that distribute weight without creating hot spots.
Waistbelt: 40mm/1.6" wide nylon webbing
Learn More About This Product
FL | Fast & Light
Minimalist garments designed to be very light with high performance, for travelling fast and light in variable weather conditions.
Full Feature List
- Weather resistant
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Main compartment pocket
- External zippered document pocket with key clip
- Reflective white interior makes it easier to see items inside the pack
- Fully seam-sealed for water resistance
- Dual haul loops/carry handles permit hauling or clipping off at a snow anchor
- Rigid, formed backpanel provides support and structure while remaining comfortable against the back
- Arc'teryx AC² (Advanced Composite Construction) suspension system
- Adjustable, removable sternum strap
- 4 cm/ 1.6 in webbing hipbelt
- Thermoformed shoulder strap
- RollTop™ closure
- Extendable collar with drawcord for additional capacity
- Large, webbing pull-tabs for quick and easy, glove-friendly access
- Top compression strap
- Two ice axe loops
- Includes bungee front attachment system for carrying campons or additional items
- Six integrated front lash points
- N400r-AC² nylon 6 ripstop is durable and lightweight
- HyPUR-cel® Foam
- HD 80 foam back panel
- N400r-AC² nylon 6 ripstop
- Burly™ Double Weave
- Surface clean only.
- GearJunkie.com Best in Show at Outdoor Retailer 2014