Alpha Comp Hoody Women's - NewComposite
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Arc'teryx and Dealer Inventory Search - Buy Online from an Arc'teryx Dealer
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx BUT it is available to buy from our online dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
Ice climbers and alpine climbers move quickly, generate a lot of heat yet require waterproof protection from spindrift, water, and falling snow. Streamlined for light weight and energy efficiency, the Alpha Comp Hoody has a trim fit to maximize fabric technologies and provide clear lines of vision, with e3D (ergonomic, 3-dimensional patterning) to accommodate free movement of layers.
Composite construction combines two very different materials in a manner that maximizes the benefits of each. In the Alpha Comp Hoody we use Fortius 1.0 stretch woven fabric to regulate heat and provide stretch through core and under the arms. N40p 3L laminated GORE® Product Technology provides durable weather protection across the hood, shoulders, forearms and hem.
A helmet-compatible StormHood™ fits securely and adjusts rapidly with one hand movement. Zippered chest pocket and hand pockets are secure, accessible while wearing a harness or backpack and easy to operate while wearing gloves.
The refined two piece Hemlock™ inserts prevent jacket slippage, are compact and fold easily for storage.
Learn More About This Product
Helmet Compatible Stormhood™
The Arc'teryx helmet compatible Stormhood™ is designed to provide the ultimate protection in cold or wet weather. The laminated brim and hood adjusters secure tightly and deliver full coverage without restricting movement or visibility.
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood cinch cords
- Tall collar for full coverage
Harness HemLock™ Insert
The Arc'teryx Harness HemLock™ insert is designed to keep your jacket from riding up when wearing a climbing harness. The foam insert can be removed when not needed.
- Functional — keeps jacket in place when worn under a climbing harness
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - e3D
Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning brings an additional level of articulation to provide enhanced range-of-motion in our Trim, Athletic, and Expedition fit categories. The application of e3D patterning allows for enhanced mobility for sport-specific activities in challenging environments.
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - Trim Fit
These trim fitting garments share motion-friendly traits with our Athletic fit, but are patterned with lower volume for reduced bulk. Our trim fit is sized for a base layer and a trim synthetic or down filled mid-layer
To find out how to calculate your body measurements, view our Sizing Charts:
Climbing and alpinism focused pieces: harness compatible length and waistline; chest pockets accessible while wearing a pack or harness; maximum articulation for overhead motions; helmet compatible hoods; drop hem; highest possible durability-to-weight ratio; emphasis on lightweight materials.
Full Feature List
- Weather resistant
- Versatile—ideal for multi-climate usage
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Composite Construction for backcountry performance
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip with chin guard
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Laminated hem
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Two-piece harness Hemlock™ inserts fold betted and keep jacket in position under harness
- Chest pocket with hidden zip
- Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- N40p 3L laminated Gore® Fabric Technology
- Fortius 1.0™—84% nylon, 16% elastane, 160 g/m². Lightweight, durable, non-insulated, stretchy nylon/spandex blend textile.
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.