Day outings in the backcountry require carrying food, water, clothing, and other key items for a successful day. The Chilcotin series is all about load stability and easy access to your kit. The packs wrap around the body, keeping the mass close and stable. Shoulder straps and back panels are ventilated to help with comfort in warm weather.
A comfortable, highly functional pack for long day hikes and extended mountain bike rides. The 20L capacity holds essential gear plus a few luxuries, and could be used as an overnight pack for minimalist backpackers. The Arc'teryx commitment to functional design is evident. The pack shape and hipbelt construction help move the load towards the body for comfort and balance. Materials are light and strong, and the shoulder straps and back panel are vented. A 2L custom SOURCE™ hydration bladder is part of the set up.
HYDRATION TO GO
Arc'teryx selected SOURCE™ hydration bladders because they deliver exceptional flow rates, effective capacity, minimal slosh and ease of use. The ergonomic, high flow bite valve delivers water with little effort, an important factor on the move. The valve can be locked closed while not in use to eliminate leakage and dribbling. The BPA free bladder has a maintenance free liner that helps prevent microbial build up without adding a plastic taste. The leakproof wide mouth top makes filling, cleaning and drying exceptionally easy.
CARRY THAT WEIGHT
A combination of carefully thought out components manages the load for maximum comfort and stability. The design promotes stability by wrapping around the body and pulling the mass close, and carefully selected foam materials hold their shape for effective, durable cushioning. A polyethylene framesheet helps maintain the pack's structural integrity and improve weight distribution. Lower compression strap pull the load onto the hips.
Aeroform™, used in the back panel and shoulder straps, is a 900-denier monofilament mesh that is thermoformable and can be heat-set into specific three dimensional shapes. This allows Arc'teryx to design comfortable, non-absorbent, durable, flexible, compression resistant padding that delivers exceptional air circulation.
Body: N210r-HT nylon 6,6 ripstop body uses a high density single ripstop fabric coated with silicone to shed moisture and increase waterproofness.
Back Panel: Aeroform™ monofilament mesh exterior promotes air flow, is light weight, abrasion resistant and does not absorb water and a reticulated open cell foam behind the mesh promotes air flow and comfort.Polyethylene frame sheet for support.
Shoulder straps: Aeroform™ monofilament mesh exterior promotes air flow, is light weight, abrasion resistant and does not absorb water. A Spacermesh™ HD interior provides next to skin comfort.
Full Feature List
- Top grab handle
- Supportive framesheet
- AeroForm™ backpanel—for increased comfort and breathability
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Top pocket with key clip
- Internal security pocket
- Side access kangaroo pocket
- Main compartment pocket
- Two Wingman™ one-handed easy access pockets
- Hydration bladder sleeve
- Hose clip
- Hydration bladder clip
- Designed to fit up to 2L bladder
- 2 litre SOURCE Widepac™ closure bladder inhibits mould growth and cleans easily. BPA Free.
- Lockable bite valve
- Bite valve docking port mounted on shoulder straps keeps valve clean and secure
- Frame sheet keeps the back panel flat when overloaded providing better stability
- Wrap around design promotes stability by keeping the mass closer to the body
- Webbing hipbelt
- Breathable shoulder straps
- Panel loading
- U-Shape zipper for easy access
- Four compression straps - two on each side
- Micro daisy chains
- Webbing attachment loop for tools or gear
- AeroForm™ mesh promotes air flow, is lightweight, abrasion resistant and does not absorb water
- N210r-HT nylon 6,6 Ripstop
- Polyethylene frame sheet
- Surface clean only.