Gaea Jacket Women's
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Arc'teryx and Dealer Inventory Search - Buy Online from an Arc'teryx Dealer
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx BUT it is available to buy from our online dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
Insulated-Jackets Polartec Alpha
Mid-Layer-and-Fleece Synthetic Fill
Mid-Layer-and-Fleece Polartec Alpha
With carefully selected materials and high performance, highly breathable insulation, the Gaea Jacket is specifically created for aerobic activities in cold temperatures and light weather. Lightweight, hydrophobic Polartec® Alpha® synthetic insulation is placed at the front and shoulders to offset direct exposure to wind and cold, providing warmth with minimal bulk. Lumin™ 100% nylon face fabric sheds wind and light precipitation, and the breathable, moisture wicking Torrent™ back panel facilitates ventilation and freedom of movement. Two easily accessible rear stash pockets hold gloves, hat or energy foods. An adjustable drawcord at the hem seals out cold, retractable thumbholes hold sleeves in place, and reflective blades on the back and sleeves improve visibility in low light conditions.
Polartec® Alpha® is a unique synthetic insulation combining lightweight warmth with exceptional breathability. The insulation’s knit construction is more stable and durable than traditional synthetics. This stability allows it to be used on air permeable open weave fabrics, allowing air to flow through the garment to help increase evaporation and moisture transport.
PARED TO THE ESSENTIAL
The Gaea blends minimalist design with technical intelligence in a piece that combines breathability, insulation, weather protection and ergonomic freedom. Features are pared to the essential, each selected to enhance performance during runs, cross country skis, snowshoe races and other cold weather, high output activities.
Learn More About This Product
Polartec® Alpha® Insulation
Polartec® Alpha® is a lofty fleece knit insulation that is specifically designed to be combined with air permeable fabrics that are useful during high aerobic activities.
- Highly stable insulation providing excellent warmth
- Knitted insulation does not pull apart and can be combined with highly air permeable fabrics
- Quick drying
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - Trim Fit
These trim fitting garments share motion-friendly traits with our Athletic fit, but are patterned with lower volume for reduced bulk. Our trim fit is sized for a base layer and a trim synthetic or down filled mid-layer
To find out how to calculate your body measurements, view our Sizing Charts:
Full Feature List
- Weather resistant
- Highly breathable—maintains comfort during aerobic activity
- Lightly insulated
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- Compressible and packable
- Composite construction
- Trim fit for athletic performance
- Stretchy fabric allows you to move more freely
- Soft, brushed microsuede-lined collar
- Low profile collar
- Locking zipper pulls
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Long sleeves
- Thumb loops on cuffs for total hand protection
- Stretchy cuffs
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- MP3 media pocket inside hand pocket
- Two hand pockets with hidden zippers
- Rear pockets have angled access for ease of use
- Two rear stretchy, stash-and-go pockets
- Reflective blazes on back and sleeves for enhanced visibility in low light
- Polartec® Alpha® 100% Polyester/2.6 oz/yd², 433 g/m². A high loft , low stretch fleece with four times the wind resistance of traditional fleece textiles. Exceptionally warm and highly breathable, it delivers outstanding layering and stand-alone performance.
- Lumin™—100% nylon 6,6, 49 g/m². Very strong for its weight, this lightweight, breathable 20 denier ripstop textile features nylon 6,6 yarns. DWR (durable water repellent) finish resists light moisture.
- Torrent™—84% polyester 16% elastane. Moisture wicking, breathable, stretchy, jersey knit textile with a soft, brushed surface and a Polygiene® finish to manage odour.
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Hang to dry.
- Do not iron.