A finely tuned balance of light weight, extended durability, ergonomic performance and superior weather protection, the Alpha AR is a solid choice for climbers and alpinists looking for an all-around hardshell to perform across the spectrum of alpine conditions. The hip length cut provides extended coverage, and the streamlined athletic fit with ergonomic e3D patterning and strategically placed gussets provides exceptional freedom on rock and ice.
THE FREEDOM OF E3D
True freedom of movement is not achieved by adding excess volume or space, but is the result of careful utilization of ergonomically planned articulation designed to move as the body moves. Arc’teryx Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning crafts the shapes of the parts in key joint areas to bring a remarkably efficient level of articulation that provides the Alpha AR’s exceptional, purpose specific range of motion.
PURPOSE DRIVEN FEATURES
The Alpha AR is a climber’s jacket, and features are selected to meet the alpine environment. Easily accessible crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs, and the full coverage helmet compatible StormHood™ has secure adjustable fit that moves with the head and provides exceptional peripheral vision. Removable two-piece HemLock™ inserts keep the jacket in position while in use with a harness and fold for easy storage. Pit zippers add ventilation, and laminated WaterTight™ zippers help seal out weather.
MORE STRENGTH, LESS WEIGHT
Reliability comes from selecting the best materials. N40p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L has a unique high tenacity nylon face fabric that leverages a flat filament warp yarn and false twist textured fill yarn. Backed with a micro- grid woven backer, this waterproof/breathable fabric is lightweight, yet durable. The N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro reinforcements at the shoulders forearms and cuffs are specifically placed to protect areas exposed to high levels of abrasion. Strategically mapping these reinforcements allows Arc’teryx to deliver a jacket that delivers longwearing performance and protection while weighing a mere 350 grams.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Composite GORE-TEX® materials to enhance functionality and performance
- Strategically placed narrow GORE® seam tape (8mm width)
- Generous cut for easy layering
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Laminated chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Full front zip with chin guard and wind flap
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Two high, crossover hand pockets
- Internal zippered pocket
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Reinforced hood, shoulders and forearms
- N40p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Remove immediately.
- Do not leave wet.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.