A classic piece recreated using exceptionally durable, N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro fabric that is extremely waterproof and abrasion resistant. E3D patterning creates an ergonomic fit for extra ease of movement paired with an athletic fit leaves room for winter layering. Traditional bellowed, crossover pockets remain accessible while wearing a pack. The helmet compatible StormHood™, drawcords and pit zippers all adjust with one hand and the removable HemLock™ inserts keep the jacket in position when worn underneath a climbing harness.
RESPECT THE CLASSICS
The Alpha SV first appeared in 1998 to address the needs of alpinists for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness. Hard-wearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV quickly became an iconic Arc'teryx piece and revolutionized the outdoor apparel industry.
Simple, sleek and stylish, the Alpha SV is also a technical beast. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs; helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face; removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness; WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
SUPPLE, YET BULLETPROOF
Manufactured with a new N80p-X GORE-TEX® face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket retains its remarkable durability, yet is supple and quiet. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the textile is tightly woven to create a flat smooth face. Premium GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest degree of windproof, waterproof/breathable protection.
ROOM TO MANOEUVRE
Arc'teryx designs are functional, disciplined answers to unforgiving environments. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the landmark Alpha SV now has a reduced chest circumference and has been re-patterned for a closer fit, with more efficient arm movement.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Highly durable
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- GORE-TEX® Pro three-layer construction
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- Men's Journal Gear Lab Approved
- Forbes.com - Top 5 New Winter Gear Pieces 2013
- ISPO Outdoor Award
- Backpacker Magazine's Lifetime Award
- Outdoor Gear Lab Editor's Choice Award
- Outdoor Magazine Test Win (Germany)