Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for proactive and organized individual to join our team as a Technical Specialist. In this role, you will ensure Arc’teryx brand integrity through global maintenance of product construction standards, best production practices, and quality standards across all product categories and locations of manufacture.
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge of apparel construction, material construction and properties, as well as 10+ years manufacturing experience (preferably within the apparel industry), including at least 5+ years as a production manager
- Expertise in good manufacturing practices
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated decision-making skills
- Ability to easily interact with others
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse workforce
- Initiative to balance and resolve competing interests and priorities within strict time constraints
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Work with Quality, Advanced R&D, Design Teams, Technical Services and Production to communicate and establish quality standards for all new construction and manufacturing methods at all finished goods factories
- Support Manager, Quality Assurance in enforcing known quality standards for finished goods and raw materials with focus on preventative action pre-production
- Support the sourcing, assessment, and training of new factory resources and ensure that Arc’teryx brand standards are met
- Provide technical expertise in Arcteryx construction methods and quality standards for all product categories at internal and external factories, as required
- Ensure all factories observe efficient and cost effective methods, best manufacturing practices and safety standards to support cost reduction, safety compliance, and increased quality of finished product
- Provide internal and external training and coaching of Quality, Production, Product Design, Technical Services and Sample Line teams, where necessary
- Regular reporting of new and existing factory progress and adherence to known Arcteryx manufacturing principals
- Maintain frequent and regular connection with Arcteryx factory to continually learn and understand the complexity of the products being produced
- Fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin
- Knowledge of Arc’teryx products
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1406-TS-web" in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for application is September 15th, 2014.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.