Senior Brand Manager
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a creative, self-directed individual with a passion for the outdoors to join our Marketing team as the Senior Brand Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for leading all consumer brand positioning strategies with respect to our Outdoor Expert, Urban Astute and Aspirational Adventurer.
Ideally you will have:
- 10+ years progressive marketing experience, preferably in brand management
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Strong experience in the consumer culture that Arc'teryx is targeting, confidence developing coherent plans and implementing infrastructure to meet challenging objectives
- Strong consumer marketing knowledge
- Strong creative background
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Strong leader and peer influencer
- Good business judgment with an outside/in perspective
- Results oriented individual able to meet tough deadlines in a project management role
- Exceptional oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working and leading projects in a multi-cultural and multi- function (product, sales and marketing) environment
- Strong process-driven abilities and a passion for marketing
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluent in another language besides English
- Industry experience
- Passion for the outdoors
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Own consumer profile deliverables around Outdoor Expert, Urban Astute and Aspirational Adventurer consumer segment
- Own brand consumer strategy specific to target consumer groups inclusive of: Consumer Product Positioning, Creative Concepts, Consumer Insight Work
- Work with consumer insights manager to validate and package relevant consumer data for all aspects of the business
- Own Product Positioning language and briefs to Global Marketing for all Outdoor and Veilance product initiatives
- Briefs and works with Global Marketing team to validate seasonal Arc'teryx marketing plan across all functions
- Briefs and works with Creative team to validate seasonal creative concept direction that aligns with consumer positioning and brand POD's.
- Acts as the hub between brand marketing, Arc'teryx PLM team, Senior Management and Global Marketing team
- Participate in all key launch events (sales meetings, trade shows, key product launch events etc)
- Works with PLM team on business strategy to align with consumer insights and brand positioning
- Works with HUB team on consumer insights and brand positioning
- Deliver clear guidance to Global Marketing within the GTM calendar to allow them to build comprehensive marketing strategies
- Work with Consumer Insights Manager to track brand equity, awareness and POD's with consumer targets. Builds strategy that is consumer centric to those insights, balanced with brand strategy
- Works with Consumer Insights Manager and PLM team to test creative or consumer concepts as applicable.
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1312-BM-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.