Retail Sales Analyst
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 600 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
The Retail Sales Analyst loves aggregating data, creating reports and effective tools for data analysis, and telling a story with that data. You can turn numbers into actionable results in order to increase sales and optimize inventory positions. Your strong understanding of retail and the apparel industry provides you with the knowledge needed to succeed in this new stand alone role. Your passion for the outdoors will provide you insights for industry trends and consumer behaviours. Your ability to work independently and your superior communications skills will help you thrive in this collaborative role.
Ideally you will have:
- A university degree in a related field
- 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role and preferably in the apparel industry
- Ability to step in and take charge with minimum instruction
- Advanced analytical skills with a strong aptitude for spreadsheets
- Proficiency in MS applications as well as experience in building and maintaining complex Excel based applications
- Knowledge of retail POS systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Qlikview or other BI reporting tools
- Retail buying experience
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborating with global retailers and sales teams, is able to consolidate key data in order to initiate analytical insights of company sell-through performance in relation to competitors, industry trends and customer behaviors
- Using the consolidated key data, work with the Business Intelligence team and your own advanced knowledge of BI reporting tools to create and implement tools to effectively monitor key performance indicators such as sell-through
- Acquire broad knowledge of Arc’teryx systems and processes and be able to manage multiple and varied requests for data analysis from different company teams
- Develop reports and analyze results to reflect on sell-through, retail performance, trends, and inventory levels for multiple stakeholders (e.g. global sales teams, marketing, forecasting, and customers)
- Recognize the necessary metrics needed to better analyze customer buying patterns and predict future trends
- Recognize and find problems or issues that arise from data analytics, and provide solutions to reduce reaction time
- Have a strong grasp of data analysis in order to recommend suggestions through actionable reports in order to promote sales and maintain strong business partnerships
- Provide critical insight and recommend solutions to cross-functional teams
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert with retail partners, global sales teams, and other cross-functional departments
- Continue to identify process improvement opportunities and solutions
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1408-RSA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.