Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
Our new brand outlet store is slated to open September 2014 in Portland, OR on NW 23rd Ave at NW Hoyt Street. We are looking for an energetic, customer-service oriented Retail Manager with a positive attitude to join our team. In this role, you will manage the retail sales team to achieve KPI’s, and ensure that all customers who walk through our door receive the highest level of customer service.
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years of proven experience at store management level in a specialty apparel, boutique fashion and/or outdoor retail environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, motivating others, and managing accountability
- Understanding of profit and loss statements, and be able to effectively manage cost controls
- Ability able to work weekends and nights
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide exceptional consumer service through working on the floor and coaching/mentoring the store team
- Achieve KPI’s for sales, margins, customer service, and conversion
- Hiring, training, & scheduling of staff while maintaining payroll targets
- Execution and oversight of daily store operations including all financial reporting, analysis and corrective action plans
- Cash management and cash audit controls per Amer Sports standards
- Sales tracking and inventory supply management
- Dynamic floor visual merchandising per Arc’teryx merchandising standards
- Loss prevention and bi-annual physical inventories
- Planning, organizing and executing local promotions/events plus in-market involvement
- Carries out Arc’teryx marketing plans
- Managing the store as your “own” business and focusing on the Amer Sports standards with store environment, product, and staff/service
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1406-PRM-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.