Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual with strong garment construction knowledge to join our team as a Production Patternmaker/Grader. In this role, you will transition patterns from the Integrated Product Teams to production and produce accurate graded production patterns.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years production grading and 3+ years patternmaking experience
- Knowledge of garment construction, grading specialty
- Core competence in Microsoft Office
- Effective written and spoken communications skills
- Good attention to detail, including accurate data entry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Gerber Accumark
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
- Outerwear experience an asset
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain patterns during factory sampling and production stages, ensuring that methods and documentation are consistent with known factory methods and processes
- Ensure accurate finished garment measurement specifications are developed and maintained each season
- Prepare offshore grading packages and communicate with factories to ensure grading aligns with requirements
- Ensure grading formulas on all finished garment measurement specifications and templates are accurate and reproducible in garment form
- Grade production patterns, ensuring that all grading of like products and documentation are consistent and completed following development and production schedules
- Work with design and patternmakers to establish standard fit/grade by product category/end use and ensure product size/fit consistency
- Contribute to grading library, grading guides and use of standard grades
- Set up and maintain computer grade table libraries for all product
- Maintain regular communication with development teams to ensure consistent methods for patterning, measuring and new technical construction are observed
- Build business relationships with Designers, Product Developers, Pattern Makers, Sample Sewers, Technical Specialist, and Factory partners
- Ensure graded die sizes are minimized whilst maintaining design integrity and production practicality
- Participate in graded size run checks to ensure grading maintains integrity of design, function and production accuracy developed on the base size
- Establish and maintain computer pattern libraries, ensuring factory graded patterns are current in our system
- Troubleshoot problems and ensure regular maintenance of computer software and equipment
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1408-PPG-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.