Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and helpful individual who is handy and knowledgeable with sewing and other garment manufacturing machineries to be our in-house Mechanic. As Mechanic, you will be providing mechanical and tooling support to the factory with regular maintenance, troubleshooting problems on various machines as they arise and create or calibrate new tools.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years sewing machine repair experience and minimal millwright experience
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to communicate in English; ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Good rapport when dealing with operators and supervisors
- Experience with electric, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic systems
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide immediate support to factory employees experiencing technical difficulties with their machines; troubleshoot and resolve problems as soon as possible to ensure little to no delay in production
- Perform quality service and preventive maintenance of various sewing, taping, and press machines on a regular basis as instructed by the Manager, Maintenance
- Calibrate machinery to prevent quality problems
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed when performing repairs (e.g. lock-out procedures)
- Provide input and support in assembling, calibrating and testing new equipments and other accessories
- Build and improve work tables, displays, tool holders and other fixtures
- Perform regular handyman repairs and minor plumbing repairs
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1406-MCH-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.