Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 600 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for someone to produce accurate, timely and truthful financial information while safeguarding company assets. This individual will also generate periodic financial statements, budgets, forecasts, cash flows, regulatory reports and parent company reporting, including global B2C reporting and analysis.
Ideally you will have:
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), degree in accounting or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in a senior accounting role or 3+ years in a Controller role
- Advanced analytical skills with a strong aptitude for spreadsheets
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to lead projects and teams
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics an Power Point
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements
- Lead business case analysis and risk assessment for the brand B2C team
- Act as the in house Hyperion expert; responsible for uploading all periodic financial information to the parent company, including all budgets and forecasts
- Manage multicurrency cash flow forecast process and places hedge requests with Group Treasury
- Develop and distribute periodic departmental variance reporting
- Ensure all monthly/quarterly/yearly closing entries have been completed with accuracy, including all Legal/IFRS requirements
- Ensure compliance with our parent company Group Financial Manual and IFRS
- Manage and document internal controls including inventory control functions, count procedures and documentation
- Manage the daily multi-currency cash postings in co-ordination with the A/R team
- Support the B2C team with the store launch process by ensuring all Finance related operational requirements have been met
- Manage temporary employees working in Finance
- Oversee the monthly bank reconciliation package
- In-depth financial statement analysis and ad-hoc reporting
- Manage company-wide fixed asset documentation, including all budgets and forecasts
- Act as the Finance contact for all Capital Asset requests
- tools and processes to accommodate corporate growth, including ensuring both group reporting and internal requirements are met when new business lines are launched
- Maintenance of the General Ledger, plus maintenance of the account structures in both Prophix and FRX systems
- Ensure the consistency, reliability and integrity of the financial systems
- Act as the Finance lead for internal and group systems integration and optimization projects
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1408-FC-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.