District Manager, Retail
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
The District Manager, Retail position is responsible for the general oversight of the store operations ensuring the efficient and effective operational performance of Amer Sports stores. Working together with the Regional Manager, this position will manage the stores consistent with the short and long-term interests of the company, its employees, and the local environment in which we work. The District Manager will support customer service and sales goals and ensure the store operates to uphold our company’s mission.
Ideally you will have:
- BA or BS degree and 5-8 years experience in retail store management
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies
- Amer Sports product use/knowledge
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Encourage and coach store staff on service and qualifying skills, focusing on what will truly benefit the customer based on their needs
- Deliver the brand experience and elevate customer care to be the best in class
- Communicate with the Regional Manager regularly, including written and verbal communication on store status as well as projects
- Communicate company mission and all policies and procedures and with all employees
- Coordinate physical inventories with the Regional Manager by scheduling and overseeing the inventory process in your District
- Review store sales and OPEX goals with the Regional Manager
- Assist the Store Managers in hiring store employees who pursue passions that relate to our products and philosophy
- Work with the Store Managers to identify employees who are interested in long-term career development with the company
- Work with the Regional Manager to set store non-negotiable standards for the store, and train the employees on these standards
- Develop and recognize a pool of potential Store Managers/Supervisors to meet the long-range retail and company objectives
- Maintain store presentation according to retail store standards
- Support store merchandising plans and ensure completion of monthly merchandising execution to the In-Store Excellence Team
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1402-DMR-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.