At Arc'teryx we are striving to build the finest possible outdoor apparel and gear, and we are looking for a talented, inspired Apparel Designer to join our Arc'teryx Essentials design team in our Design and Development Center in beautiful North Vancouver, British Columbia.
This job is not about making sketches and choosing samples; it is about building better garments. It's a hands-on, problem-solving position that requires a passion for creativity and innovation, steady focus on detail, as well as and the drive and dedication to turn design ideas into truly innovative new products that help our athletes and customers perform and live better.
Being a designer at Arc'teryx means working with the world's best textiles and experimenting with new production techniques, having access to great resources like a full in-house sample floor, Pattern Makers, Product Developers, and a wealth of industry expertise and skills.
The salary for this permanent, full-time position ranges between $85,000 - $100,000 depending on experience, and includes a full benefits package.
This is a multi-functional role in which you will:
- Develop new construction details and fit concepts
- Contribute to the development of new fabrics and/or sourcing of existing textiles and trims
- Work closely with other Designers and Design Managers to bring new and better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (such as new technologies, construction techniques, features etc.)
- Work with Designers, Design Manager and wider management team to help define product direction and line lists for each season
- Participate in research for the upcoming seasonal line list to determine themes, fabrics, and trims
- Be responsible to design cohesive products that meet the requirements of seasonal line plan
- Work with Pattern Makers and our prototyping facility to realize mockup as well as final prototypes
- Work with our Development team, Factory, and vendor partners to ensure production ready samples are realized on-time
- Present work at internal reviews and annual sales meetings
Ideally, you have:
- Bachelors Degree in Apparel Design
- 5+ years hands on experience designing outerwear in the outdoor industry (preferably insulation and soft-shell), including hands-on experience coming up with tools and methods to assist in solving construction issues
- Have technical and creative skills to create mockups
- Ability to anticipate technical problems, and to plan and implement corrective action
- Excellent project management skills with excellent communications skills, including written and spoken English
- Are exceptionally well organized and with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and hand-sketching
- Are naturally curious and love to learn new things
- Have the ability to travel internationally and domestically as required
- Are an outdoor enthusiast who understands the outdoor culture
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your portfolio, resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote "1401-APD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
100 – 2155 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver BC, V7H 3B2 Canada
Arc'teryx Equipment Inc. is an Amer Sports brand.