Product Graphic Designer
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a creative and process-oriented individual to join our Visual Design team as a Product Graphic Designer. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and producing the 2D graphic look, feel and attitude of our seasonal product programs. You will have the unique opportunity to influence the brand from both a macro and micro graphic design perspective, with a hand in everything from on-garment branding, seasonal t-shirt and accessories graphics, product illustration, all the way down to the finest detail in product labeling. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Manager of Visual Design, as well as directly supporting product teams with additional graphic illustration.
Ideally you will have:
- Completion of a college degree/diploma in Graphic Arts
- 3+ years experience in graphic or image design work
- 2+ years experience interacting with factories and vendors
- Understanding of printing and sublimation on woven and knits, and graphics application to textiles
- Strong drawing and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Adobe CS
- Ability to independently and efficiently manage time across multiple projects and overlapping seasons to complete projects on time
- Process oriented
- Excellent eye for color
- Strong written and spoken English
- Interest or involvement in the activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and execute seasonal t-shirt and accessories program from concept to delivery, including interfacing with internal and external teams (colour, product line managers, design mangers, product developers, vendors, factory)
- Creating and maintaining tech packs
- Research and develop direction for seasonal t-shirts and accessories
- Provide graphic and illustration support for trims (labels, embroidery, branding)
- Provide graphic and illustration support for additional product needs (product manuals, workbook and merchandising product illustration)
- Ensure graphics and illustrations maintain brand marketing vision
- Other graphic/illustration duties as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1408-PGD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.