Marketing Events Coordinator (Temporary)
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to join our marketing team as a Marketing Events Coordinator. This position will play a key role in organizing and ensuring all sales and marketing events are successfully executed. Please note, this position is temporary (8 month maternity leave coverage).
Ideally you will have:
- 2+ years experience in an event planning or marketing role, preferably within the outdoor sports industry
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated and energetic with great interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills
- Proactive with the ability to take initiative where necessary
- Ability to think “on your feet”, make quick decisions and always have a contingency plan
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work weekends evenings and travel as required
- Interest or involvement in activities we make product for
- Diploma or certification in Events Management, or Marketing an asset
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Research, plan, coordinate, and execute sales and marketing events such as trade shows and sales meetings
- Arrange for equipment, supplies, and necessary facilities for all events including sourcing and negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Coordinate the preparation of marketing and promotional materials and tools with both internal departments and external suppliers
- Assist with logistics of materials and administration of proper documentation for shipping, etc
- Assist with budgets and tracking costs
- Monitor and participate in events and activities to ensure smooth execution
- Assist with other marketing tasks as required
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1406-MEC-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.