Keyholder and Visual Merchandiser
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 600 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are seeking a dynamic and customer-service oriented individual to join our team as a Keyholder/Visual Merchandiser. In this role, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of customer service possible while acting as a leader on the sales floor, in addition to working closely with our Visual Merchandising department to achieve, coordinate, and communicate visual merchandising plans for the store.
Ideally you will have:
- Strong command of spoken English and French
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events
- Knowledge of Arc’teryx product or outdoor equipment and outerwear
- Previous retail or customer service experience
- Interest or involvement in activities we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Daily open and/or close of the store and ensure that all correct procedures and protocols (i.e. store operations, lock-up) are followed
- Act as floor leader in the absence of the Retail Manager or Assistant Retail Manager, promote team spirit and brand advocacy and participate in staff training and store events as required
- Offer excellent customer service by greeting and engaging consumers in the store and on the phone; operate POS system, process sales transactions
- Qualify and assess what will truly benefit the customer based on their needs and deliver the brand experience and elevate customer care to be best in class
- Work with the Visual Merchandising team to submit Visual Merchandising (VM) reports and pictures on a rolling calendar, and notifying them of any broken or damaged VM materials or fixtures; receive feedback and make adjustments as needed to drive sale and improve visual impact
- Actively maintain store appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized, while ensuring that the store itself is clean and well presented
- Be the key driver of season change over within the timeframes given
- Travel to new store openings and assist with merchandising of the new shop
- Maintain a strong understanding of current product and possess the ability to articulate it
- Assist with inventory counts and ensure availability of current store stock on the sales floor and in the storage backrooms
- Assist with re-stocking and pricing, including sales preparation
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1408-KVMM-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.