Cost and Sourcing Analyst
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an organized, analytical and self starting individual to work as a Cost and Sourcing Analyst in our Product Commercialization team. The successful candidate will analyst, maintain and report on product costs to optimize margin, quality and delivery performance.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years experience in development, production or merchandising
- Excellent analytic skills, sound understanding of supply chain logistics, and product cost/price structure
- Knowledge of apparel construction, material properties, pattern making, bill of materials, embroidery and surface applications (e.g. screen printing, etc)
- Proven skill at problem solving, proven performance history with domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
It would be nice if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Apparel/Textile Design, Technology, Merchandising, or Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest or involvement in activities for which we make products
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Apply seasonal sourcing strategies to each model on line list by reviewing model raw material, technical, price targets, and working with Supply Chain and Product Commercialization teams to determine best utilization of factory resources
- Communicate seasonal product counter sample and pre-production schedules to factories, while coordinating workflow of IPTs to ensure successful execution of product
- Work with Quality Assurance, Technical Services, and IPTs to assess potential new factory resources through standardized counter, costing, quality processes and reviews
- Contribute to seasonal sourcing reviews of delivery, quality, margin and development performance for each factory utilizing metrics provided by Supply Chain, ASO, Quality Assurance, and IPTs
- Seasonal reporting of individual factory margin performance
- Negotiate and update factory costs of nominated raw materials seasonally, and ensure consistency within supply chain
- Support and guide IPTs on negotiation of new finished goods vendor prices, and ensure standard costs are updated so that optimal seasonal pricing/margin can be achieved
- Negotiate and approve carryover finished goods vendor prices to ensure margin and delivery targets are met
- Review and approve mid-season product cost adjustments
- Analyze direct labour and overhead cost by region, factory, and product to ensure up to date cost references are utilized by PLMs and IPTs for prototype estimates and negotiation
- Work with Customs team to research available options to ensure Arc’teryx is capitalizing on any potential trade advantages available within current or future product lines
- Support the sourcing, assessment, and training of new factory resources and ensure that Arc’teryx brand standards are met
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1403-CSA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for application is September 15th, 2014.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.