Application Support Analyst
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
The Application Support Analyst has a knack for quickly understanding and solving end-user requests. Working closely with the Application Support Administrator, you will provide top-notch development, implementation, and end user support for a custom built ERP system and multiple different websites. You get excited about finding and tracking defects and enhancement requests, and are a superstar investigator when it comes to reproducing reported issues and testing new systems and features. Your superior communication skills lead to successful collaborations with key stakeholders and contribute to continuous process improvements.
Ideally you will have:
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work professionally with end users of varying levels of computer competency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for explaining system and business concepts/processes to end users, software developers, and IT analysts
- Familiarity with a testing regimen and the SDLC
- Strong analytical skills for trouble shooting, problem solving, and the ability to analyze, classify, and document user requirements
- Proven time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of user correspondence from various sources
- A “self-starter” who takes initiative to investigate problems in a variety of business areas
- High aptitude to learn and use new custom computer software
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Convert complicated enhancement request emails into useable business requirements
- Create, execute, and document detailed test plans for 2-3 week maintenance release cycles to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines
- Contribute to QA process improvements and collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, and Project Managers to ensure quality solutions are delivered
- Prioritize, enter and track detailed bugs in the TAS system, ecommerce website, and any other appropriate supported user facing software
- Accurately record defects, enhancements, and other user requests in a custom issue tracking system (Q) in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with users: gain solid understanding of reported issues and be able to reproduce them, understand the impact of issues on the business area, and explain solutions clearly and articulately
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1408-ASA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.