Senior Software Developer
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking someone to develop, deploy, analyze, utilize, and maintain software, tools, applications, and information systems as required by Arc’teryx in order to meet the business requirements of the company in a demanding global marketplace. Additionally, provide proven leadership and strong support to a busy software development team in a challenging business environment.
Who you are: Your software solutions work extremely well. They are effective and specifically address underlying business needs. You understand business requirements and you see things, and make connections, that other people miss. People come to you because they know you can help them solve challenging technical problems. In addition, you know the business systems so well that you can solve major problems simply by offering the right advice. You set an excellent example for other team members to follow. Your demonstrated knowledge, insight, and practical skills have become foundational for the department, and you are considered to be an indispensable member of the team. For you, success is not random. You take responsibility and ownership, you understand the goal, and you don't relent until, working with your team, you have achieved it.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant Computer Science diploma or degree
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with a software version control system
- Excellent command of English language
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- At least five years of progressive experience and responsibility as a software developer
- Proven team support, coordination, and leadership capabilities
- Strong Assets:
- VB.NET or C#.NET
- Git, SourceTree, Bamboo
- JIRA, TestRail
- Agile Methodology
- Experience in the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge or understanding of digital marketing concepts
- Implement major projects in the areas of apparel manufacturing and marketing, by mastering a variety of programming languages, tools, and techniques under the direction of the Manager, Software Developers
- Improve team dynamic, facilitate team efficiency, and ensure team success by working closely with the team in leadership, supervisory, and project coordination roles as required
- Write clear technical specifications by efficient analysis of business systems, software source code, and software architecture patterns
- Assist other members of the team by engaging in close-up evaluation of technical details and providing comprehensive analysis of business requirements
- Reliably communicate and follow through with stated deadlines and estimates, while setting an example in professionalism
- Ensure high level of software quality by testing own code thoroughly, collaborating with QA in development of test cases, and conducting insightful code reviews for other software development team members
- Contribute to a team development effort by defining and enforcing software development methods and standards
- Succeed in a fast-paced work environment by utilizing effective time management and task prioritization abilities while working in complex, high-risk areas
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1511-SSD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.