Development Team Assistant
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a supporting role superstar to assist the Development Team in their efforts to develop a consistent level of quality – promoting the brand as one that exceeds customer expectations.
Ideally you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, or Merchandising, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Core competency in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of other cultures
- Recent graduate with 2-3 years experience in the field
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Development team with aspects of product development such as compiling spec packages, coordinating raw materials requirements for counter sampling, and product testing and washing
- Enter colourway spec and graded spec data into TAS
- Prepare weekly team progress reports
- Sort, file, and approve counter samples
- Prepare packages and commercial invoices for packages to be sent to factories
- Assist with creating and maintaining construction detail illustrations
- Prepare seasonal trim colour cards
- Assist with measuring in process samples against finished product specifications
- Organize and update development fabric by season
- Generate, check, and send cost sheets for factories
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1402-DTA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.