Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are looking for a detail orientated individual with experience in coding, data management, and website/apps designing to join our Marketing team as a Web Developer. In this role, you will assist with designing and creating graphics for Arc'teryx websites and help ensure a high level of web usability.
Ideally you will have:
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash
- Experience coding valid HTML/CSS
- Experience with databases and data-driven website design
- Understanding of web usability concepts and best practices
- Good eye for clean graphic design
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Experience optimizing images for web use
- Experience with other Adobe programs
- Comfortable with both PC and Mac hardware
- Good communication skills
- Experience with databases and data management
- Experience coding in a server-side programming language
- Experience with asp.net or Visual Studio environment
- Has designed apps and/or websites for mobile devices
- Interest in developing websites or apps for personal use
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Help design and build graphics/HTML/CSS for corporate websites, event websites, etc.
- Research and employ new and emerging technologies into our websites as appropriate
- Work with programmers responsible for our server-side code base
- Work with Sr. Manager, Digital Creative & UX to maintain graphical brand standards
- Work with Sr. Manager, Digital Creative & UX to ensure a high level of web usability
- Assist in managing large inventory of product images and product information
- Size and optimize product images in various formats for various online uses
- Proof, monitor and debug websites
- Projects as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1311-WD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.