Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for someone who has a superior eye for detail and who can provide expertise in the apparel regulatory environment.
Ideally you will have:
- Strong understanding of raw materials, fiber content, and global compliance regulations
- 5+ years of apparel industry experience in labeling, packaging, global compliance regulations
- Proven skill at problem solving, extreme attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven experience with project management and timely results
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage all product labels containing Care Instructions and Content as per global compliance regulations
- Manage care & content and regional label development with 3rd party supplier
- Establish & maintain process for label data accuracy and work with Traffic team to enable customs clearance across countries where product will be shipped
- Provide expertise in the regulatory environment in which products are sold and assist in mitigating compliance risks
- Coordinate sizing conversion for size ranges on labels, as required by global compliance
- Collaborate with Technical Services team for body sizes, size range and relevance to standard sizing across countries
- Manage product care & content translations internally and with 3rd party translation service agency
- Manage all product care & content data in company system so it is available for factory trim cards and specs for factory reference in a timely manner to enable factory to order and print labels for bulk manufacturing
- Work with IT developers to develop data reports to meet regional label requirements Collaborate with Raw Materials, Purchasing, Developers, Patterns, Quality, Traffic, and Planners, to ensure care & content and size conversions are accurate for global distribution
- Coordinate testing of regulated products to ensure compliance is met prior to product commercialization
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1410-RCS-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.