Raw Material Quality Expert
At Arc’teryx we are striving to build the finest possible outdoor apparel and gear, and we are looking for a talented, inspired Apparel Designer to join our Arc’teryx Snowsports design team in our Design and Development Center in beautiful North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an organized individual with excellent communication skills to join our Quality Assurance department as a Raw Material Quality Expert. In this role you will partner with Design, Materials Development and Manufacturing teams to ensure all raw materials meet quality requirements and specifications for product functionality, durability and aesthetics from initial choice through production. You will enhance and maintain quality and specification standards and the test standards used.
The salary range for this permanent, full-time position is $85,000 - $95,000, and includes extensive benefit plans for extended medical, prescription drug, life, AD&D, long term disability, dental, vision, and EFAP (Employee and Family Assistance Program).
This position is located at our Design Centre at: 100-2155 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, BC, V7H 3B2
Ideally you will have:
- 10+ years industry experience related to outdoor products with technical and non technical material
- Technical skills related to dyeing, color of textile chemistry, and textile dyeing experience with a fabric mill
- Familiarity with textile testing through American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) and the American Association and Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), government and non-government textile testing methods
- Textile knowledge, including fibers, yarns, knit and woven textile constructions, composites, and films
- Comprehensive understanding of textile manufacturing, dyeing, and finishing, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with internal and external
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Global manufacturing experience
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
- No specific education required
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- In collaboration with Design, Material Development and Advanced R&D, establish and maintain raw material quality standards and industry accepted test protocols which support Arcteryx quality standards and manufacturing practices
- Oversee coordination and documentation of material testing to evaluate field test, lab test and vendor supplied materials data
- Conduct physical and mechanical tests to determine functionality and conformance of critical life support of materials on products
- Independently determine additional testing requirements based on product end use, vendor claims and development needs
- Set procedural and process expectations to monitor compliance, and establish protocol for non-compliant materials
- Work with Design, Development, Technical and Quality teams to identify any quality and/ or safety concerns and communicate findings and/or unique raw material and construction requirements which may impact overall quality standards
- Monitor the material lifecycle, from lab testing to end use product testing
- Provide materials expertise and recommendations through consultations with the Quality Assurance and Purchasing teams to help monitor, evaluate and resolve materials issues in bulk production
- Contribute to seasonal vendor performance reports
- Contribute to raw material vendor manuals and factory raw material procedures and standards
- Analyze developments in product safety testing requirements to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
- Support team training on test methods and equipment
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1408-RMQ-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.
100-2155 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, BC, V7H 3B2, Canada
Arc'teryx Equipment Inc. is an Amer Sports brand.