Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for someone to manage the future forecasts for finished goods inventory and the forecasts for on-hand inventory across global inventory locations. Works with sales and other departments to create and manage forecasts throughout the sales cycle, and works to optimize the planning and allocation of inventory for retail stores.
Ideally you will have:
- 2-3 years experience in wholesale and/or retail inventory management (buying, forecast analysis, etc.), preferably within the outdoor or ski industries
- University education, preferably in Business, Statistics or Economics
- Advanced analytical skills with a strong aptitude for Excel and analytical tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to function as part of multiple teams
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Creative problem solving ability with a willingness to adapt to a changing work environment
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for; retail sales experience in the outdoor clothing industry
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage global finished goods inventory in every inventory location and keep forecasts up to date as per company needs and direction
- Prepare the wholesale business product, article and sku forecasts based on historical trends and current market analysis
- Participate in sales budgeting and planning processes as required
- Collaborate with the Direct Sales and/or LEAF departments to provide input on demand forecasts and manage their global inventory commitments
- Analyze sales data from Internet sales with intent to improve both future forecasts for Internet sales and the wholesale business
- Collaborate with Global Brand Store Merchant to improve forecasts for Brand store inventory requirements
- Monitor global on-hand inventory and develop and execute exit strategies for aging inventory within our clearance sales channels which include but are not limited to; the wholesale business and all outlet stores across the globe
- Analyze trends and preparing feedback for management
- Work to solve problems related to distribution, fulfillment and consumer satisfaction
- Facilitate special order programs for consumer demand
- Develop tools and processes to accommodate corporate growth
- Develop with the IT department the software that enhances the company system that relates to all levels of inventory control
- Assist Forecasting and/or Executive management team in specific tasks and projects as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1412-FA-web" in the subject line of your email. Deadline to apply: February 28, 2015
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.