Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, skilled individual with sewing experience who is versatile in using a range of stitching machines. This individual will provide quality and timely product samples that are tested and meet Arc’teryx criteria.
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years sewing experience
- Cutting experience
- Basic command of English
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to use various machines, such as single needle, serger, double needle, and cover stitch
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Sew samples following the correct seam allowances, and tape and seam seal prototype garments using appropriate equipment settings and times used for each sample, ensuring no leakage or delamination
- Support sample cutting and pull/bundle trims as required
- Verify patterns versus specs and samples and report all problems with materials or sewing for resolution
- Appropriately test and meet quality standards for production processes of any new press operations, sewing techniques or raw materials
- Cross train with other team members on various products, fabrics and equipment when required
- Prepare parts for sampling
- Maintain machines, tools, equipments and sample stock
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1411-SM-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.