Patternmaker - Grader
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a detail oriented professional with at least 5 years of production grading experience to work with internal teams to accurately grade production patterns. North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years production grading and 3+ years patternmaking experience
- Knowledge of garment construction, grading specialty
- Core competency in Microsoft Office
- Effective written and spoken communications skills
- Good attention to detail, including accurate data entry skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Grade production patterns, ensuring that all grading of like products and documentation are consistent and completed following development and production schedules
- Work with design and patternmakers to establish and illustrate standard fit/grade by product category/end use and ensure product size/fit consistency
- Contribute to the creation and use of block patterns and use of standard grades
- Set up and maintain computer grade table libraries for all product
- Ensure grading formulas on all finished garment measurement specifications and templates are accurate and reproducible in garment form
- Provide accurate graded raw material yields to Product Developer during final prototype development
- Ensure graded die sizes are minimized while maintaining design integrity and production practicality
- Participate in graded size run checks to ensure grading maintains integrity of design, function and production accuracy developed on the base size
- Communicate with Designers, Sample Sewers, Product Developers, and Factory partners, building strong business relationships
- Assist in marker making as a back up to Marker Maker
- Troubleshoot problems and ensure regular maintenance of computer software and equipment
- Provide assistance modifying patterns as needed
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote “1304-PG-web” in the subject line of your email.
Arc’teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc’teryx.