Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a causal and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a detail oriented pattern makers with at least 3 years of pattern making experience to be responsible for the patterning of our high quality products from blocks to sketches. You will be goal oriented with a strong passion for quality and accuracy. North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant post secondary education and a minimum 3 years production pattern making experience
- Ability to work from pattern blocks or from sketches
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Core competence in Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Good attention to detail, accuracy in data entry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Gerber Accumark and/or outerwear as asset
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Interpret design intent, create prototype, sample and production patterns, ensuring that methods and documentation are consistent with known factory methods and processes
- Grade patterns and maintain grade on modified production patterns
- Work with design to establish standard fit by product category/end use and ensure product size/fit consistency
- Contribute to the creation and use of block pattern library
- Maintain computer pattern libraries, ensuring changes are clearly communicated to Product Developers, Graders and Marker Makers
- Collaborate with Designers and Product Developers to establish and document product construction standards and illustrated technical specifications for all product
- Communicate with Designers, Sample Sewers, Product Developers, and Factory partners, building strong business relationships
- Maintain accurate Pattern Lists and templates
- Provide accurate raw material yields to Product Developer during prototype development
- Develop and maintain accurate finished garment measurement specifications
- Monitor and report on prototype/sample progress to ensure development and production deadlines are met
- Assist in marker making where required
- Troubleshoot problems and ensure regular maintenance of computer software and equipment
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1303-PM-web" in the subject line of your email.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.