Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for coordinating the inbound and outbound movement of finished goods. This includes raw materials globally and ensuring that the corresponding information flows correctly throughout the supply chain and beyond.
Ideally you will have:
- University degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operation, Economics, Business or similar discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in logistics or relevant supply chain field
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical, solution oriented; ability to adapt quickly
- Organized with strong attention to detail, ability to manage and maintain high volume of data
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing, ability to communicate effectively to internal customers as well as the vendors and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Power Point
- Logistics or Supply Chain designations
- Strong finance acumen
- Advanced excel skills
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Day to day logistic operations
- Coordinate the inbound and outbound movement of finished goods, raw materials globally
- Coordinate with global factories, raw material suppliers, transportation service providers, customs brokers and ports to ensure that shipments are moving and being delivered to our Warehouses and Sales Offices by required dates
- Track and trace inbound and outbound shipments to various warehouse locations, factories and Sales Offices to maintain accurate arrival dates
- Issue shipping instruction and provide routing instructions for finished goods and raw materials
- Review, audit, code and approve freight invoices to quotes or price agreements
- Ensure Arc’teryx logistics procedures and standards are being met
- Maintain, document and update shipping standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Analyze and formulate logistics solutions for new trade lanes and expediting shipments
- Create and maintain transit matrix to ensure purchase orders are planned with correct shipping lead times
KPI reporting and decision support
- Create and maintain monthly and yearly inbound and outbound statistics and key performance indicator (KPI) reports to ensure service levels are maintained
- Provide summary reports of goods in transit, in arrival dock, freight cost analysis, etc.
Cross function collaboration
- Work collaboratively with various departments to ensure steady flow of information throughout our supply chain especially in relations to Logistics, I.E. Shipping exceptions
- Improve logistics process wherever possible to maximize efficiency and improve service to internal and external customers
- Ensure Non-compliance reports are generated to measure vendor and initiate loss claims with service providers
- Investigate and file claims for lost or damaged product against transportation carriers, forwarders, and service providers
- Identify issues/gaps in vendor performance and escalate to leadership for resolution if necessary
- Update inbound and outbound shipments in TAS for raw materials and finished goods, also creating Receiving Report and distributing to supply chain members
- Provide support for logistics projects or operations projects assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1502-LC-ext" in the subject line of your email. Deadline to apply: March 20, 2015.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.