Technical Services Assistant
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world’s largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
We are looking for an individual to support the Technical Services Team in their efforts to develop a consistent level of quality, promoting the brand as one that exceeds customer expectations
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Core competency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe suite
- Post-secondary education in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, or Merchandising, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of other cultures
- Graduated with 2-3 years experience in the field
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and maintaining seasonal care and content and regional label information
- Coordinating compliance with label requirements, standards, and templates
- Developing and maintaining department resource library: trims, fabric swatches, construction mock ups, embroidery files and dies
- Coordinating department shipping
- Preparing and maintaining seasonal fabric colour standards
- Coordinating raw material requirements for seasonal colour cards
- Coordinating department raw material and seasonal pre-production stock transfers
- Updating and maintaining standards manual, developing new artwork as needed
- Maintaining sample garment inventory in sample room warehouse
- Conducting finished product testing, washing, and weighing
- Measuring in-process samples against finished product specifications
- Assisting with digitizing, plotting and general filing as required
- Communicating with agents and suppliers from around the world with a sense of timing and a basic understanding of other cultures
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1501-TSA-web" in the subject line of your email. Deadline to apply: February 6, 2015.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.