Business Intelligence Analyst
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to design, advance and support new and existing reporting dashboards with a key focus on commercial data. Develop the infrastructure that enables the business to make informed decisions.
Ideally you will have:
- Ability to step in and take charge with minimum instruction
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL server
- 4+ years’ experience in a Sales Analyst role or equivalent
- Strong advanced analytical skills with a strong aptitude for spreadsheets and data warehouse
- Strong business acumen and ability to facilitate exploratory discussions with business representatives to derive key business questions and drivers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid communication skills for explaining concepts and processes to end-users
- Ability to multi-task and work on simultaneous projects while maintaining multiple and competing priorities Ability to lead projects and teams
- Solid understanding of relational and dimensional modeling and ability to design and document such data models
- Understanding and working knowledge of systems development processes and methods
- Ability to think creatively and design dashboards that intuitively provide answers to key questions before they are asked
- Degree in Commerce or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Hyperion, Prophix, Qlikview and Power Point
- Knowledge of supply chain and sales processes
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Respond to data requests by the business via refreshable Excel, SQL data extracts/dumps, SSRS Reports, or QlikView additions as appropriate
- Develop and maintain detailed technical specifications for dashboards and reports
- Organize, consolidate, distribute and validate global brand sales information for budgeting and forecasting purposes
- Maintain accurate sales forecasting information across multiple systems to meet dashboard requirements
- Lead BI projects to improve company dashboards and visibility into historical and future HQ and consolidated sales figures
- Validate that BI information is accurate and presented in a straightforward and consistent manner
- Provide ad hoc information to regional Sales Directors
- Create and distribute sales and financial information on monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance
- Present dashboards to customers, project team, and management for review and feedback
- Document and maintain key business process workflows pertinent to dashboard development
- Design and create highly engaging BI solutions through consideration of business requirements and customer feedback
- Follow and provide input on dashboard development methods and standards as defined by the Arc’teryx development team
- Provide second line dashboard support to end users when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1509-BIA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.