Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to play a key role in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Arc’teryx custom built Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, websites, and other in-house IT systems. The primary contributions are creating specifications of new and modified features; collaborating with business users to gather and document system requirements; providing effective project management and leadership skills to project teams that consist of QA and Software Developers.
Ideally you will have:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst
- Completion of a recognized Business Analysis program, or equivalent business experience
- Familiarity with business enterprise applications and business process areas (accounting, order entry, inventory management, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain, articulate, and document concepts and requirements
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong facilitation, diplomacy, and leadership skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative to investigate potential problems and propose solutions of IS concepts, including data models (ERDs) and application integrations
- Project management experience, understanding of project management concepts and tools
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Apply commonly used business analysis techniques to gather requirements from functional area experts
- Facilitate and lead stakeholder meetings to gain clarity and understanding on requirements and processes
- Conduct thorough analysis of workflow and business processes, and make recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness
- Use existing templates and tools to create workflow diagrams and detailed documentation of user and system needs
- Create specifications of new features and modifications for our custom developed ERP, multiple websites, and other systems
- Project manage an IT team during release cycles; plan assignments and resourcing for iterations, track and report team progress and milestones, clear roadblocks, guide and enable the team to meet iteration and release deadlines
- Prepare and coordinate system changes for release; conduct product demo sessions, coordinate user training, arrange special hardware requirements with IT Infrastructure Manager
- Assist in the development of an internal program management framework
- Lead and mentor junior IT team members
- Assist the Senior Manager, Information Systems and Director, Information Systems with other tasks and projects
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1508-BA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.