Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to design and develop seasonal collections with recognized colour excellence while maintaining a strong competitive advantage in the market. Execute the colour creation process in line with Arc’teryx brand standards, design and product principles and colour merchandising philosophies.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent colour acuity
- Apparel Design Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in colour and fashion environment
- Extensive knowledge of colour theory and basic knowledge of materials
- An understanding of changing trends; ability to merchandise collections
- Awareness of Arc’teryx products and their applications
- Intermediate to advanced use of Adobe Illustrator
- An understanding of the retail buying and line development process
- Knowledge of manufacturing time lines and MOQ’s
- Ability to adhere to critical path and established deadlines
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail; good communication skills
- Team player
- Active involvement in Outdoor recreation
- Strong awareness of global markets and cultural differences
- Second language
- Ability to identify solutions to improve processes
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and conceptualize seasonal colour direction for assigned portfolios and ensure seasonal palettes meet Arc’teryx standards
- Create, propose and present palettes, article assortments and merchandising concepts
- Design seasonal global merchandising concepts by category through collaboration with all necessary stakeholders
- Stay up to date on regional colour trends, competitive landscapes, merchandising concepts and establish external industry networks that provide insight and awareness of global trends
- Collaborate with multiple departments to gather global sales analysis and insights to direct the creative process
- Manage extensive and complex raw material matrix to achieve on time delivery of all coloured materials
- Quantify the usage of each raw material by calculating turns based on the minimum order quantities (MOQ), yield, placements & forecast
- Responsible for estimating greige requirements and enabling colour dyelot purchasing
- Work closely with Senior Color Designers, and the merchandizing team to finalize cross-merchandising strategies
- Manage the colour lifecycle of finished goods by model while honoring the corporate calendar
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1511-CD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.