Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
This person will work with the Arc’teryx factory, domestic contractors, sales forecasts, materials purchasing, and other internal departments to manage capacity planning and production scheduling of finished goods to achieve effective delivery of customer orders, sales forecasts, and other company targets.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience scheduling production in a manufacturing settling, preferably apparel
- Previous experience as a buyer, inventory analyst, production planner, or related analytical position
- Strong organizational and communication skills with excellent attention to detail and fluency in English
- Advanced analytical skills with aptitude for data manipulation (designing, building and maintaining files in Microsoft Excel/Access and SQL)
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering, Business or Computer Science
- APICS or CPP/SCMP designation
- Six Sigma designation
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Work with factory management to establish and maintain detailed capacity plans, production schedules/timelines, and WIP/finished good output goals as to achieve commercial requirements
- Coordinate with appropriate internal departments (factory, raw material purchasing, product development, warehouse, quality control, etc.) to ensure that production timelines and deliveries are achieved
- Communicate finished goods delivery schedules to sales and other internal departments Coordinate sales sample, R&D, and production
- Assist with optimizing finished goods and raw material inventories to achieve company targets
- Communicate future production targets with factory management team to ensure appropriate workforce and equipment resources are available to meet production targets
- Coordinate with necessary departments to address production related issues
- Utilize Business Intelligence tools to analyze and optimize order fulfillment, open to buy levels, production lead times and supplier delivery performance
- Develop a good understanding of the key customers and business objectives and ability to identify and communicate when these are impacted by production issues
- Coordinate production planning at other Canadian finished good contractors
- Lead, participate and support process improvement initiatives in domestic production facilities
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1410-PS-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.