Retail Assistant Manager
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Arc’teryx is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
- Maintain superior level of customer service
- Opening and/or closing the store
- Handling cash
- Help maintain customer loyalty program
- Assist manager in monitoring and developing store associates
- Assist manager in recruitment, training, and hiring associates
- Participate in merchandise presentation and execute merchandising strategy
- Assist in and with the buying process
- Monitor inventory levels
- Help manager in controlling inventory
- Effectively set up sales and promotions in a timely manner
- Assist with P & L as needed
- Execution of grassroots sales programs and community involvement
- Help supervise employees
- Point of contact when manager is not at store
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing customer service issues and resolving problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail sales experience in sporting goods. Practical outdoor industry experience preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have knowledge of retail selling environment, sporting goods industry
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, motivating others, and managing accountability
- Understanding of profit and loss statements, and be able to effectively manage cost controls
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop, crouch, twist and lift up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Interested candidates may apply at Theresa.Ford@amersports.com.
Arc’teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.