Web Software Developer - Temporary
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual who will develop, deploy, analyze, utilize, and maintain software, tools, applications, and information systems as required by Arc’teryx in order to meet the business requirements of the company in a demanding global marketplace. Position focus is on web applications development.
Ideally you will have:
- 1-2 Years minimum experience developing Asp .net websites
- Relevant post-secondary Computer Science diploma, degree, or practical equivalent
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft .Net
- ASP .NET MVC
- HTML, CSS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Git or equivalent
- Excellent command of English language
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Candidates should be prepared to provide code samples and/or complete a coding test
- T-Sql optimizations
- Visual Basic 6
- Crystal Reports
- Agile Methodology
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Support, maintain, develop, and extend web and web services applications, particularly interactive client-facing ASP.NET MVC website applications with supporting client-tier, middle-tier, and data-access-tier technologies under the direction of the Senior Software Developer
- Special projects development work should also be expected, including but not limited to website setup, configuration, administration, 3rd-party integrations, parent ERP integration, database scripting, etc.
- Provide high levels of service to a diverse user base and team members alike by delivering strong, effective solutions and communicating clearly
- Evaluate system requirements and refine technical specifications by efficient analysis of business systems, software source code, data patterns, and existing documentation
- Contribute to a team development effort by strictly adhering to clearly-defined methods and standards, accurately documenting work results, and working in close coordination with various team associates
- Succeed in a fast-paced, demanding work environment and meet strict delivery deadlines by utilizing effective time management, task prioritization, and multi-tasking abilities
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1504-WSD-web" in the subject line of your email. Deadline to apply: May 16, 2015
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.