Global Commercial Sales Forecasting Analyst - Located in APAC Region
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to create and develop Sales forecast for the designated regions or product categories. Participate in S&OP process with specific focus and responsibilities on Sales forecast. Work closely with global commercial team and senior manager of Global Commercial Sales Forecasting to improve sales forecast accuracy.
Ideally you will have:
- University degree in Math, Economic, Statistics, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of Sales Forecasting or Demand Planning experience
- Outstanding analytical abilities, combined with strong business acumen; ability to master the numbers as well as relating it to others, specifically to global commercial team
- Great attention to detail, ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity and a high level of comfort in working with large quantities of data
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to work well with global commercial team through sales forecasting process while driving improvement in forecast accuracy
- Advance skills in Excel is required
- Experience working in S&OP environment, preferred from Forecasting or Demand Planning capacity, Outdoor apparel or apparel industries
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- S&OP-Sales forecasting
- Responsible for creating Sales Forecast at model level for all products for the responsible regions or portfolios, at both units and dollar level
- Work closely with Demand Planners on article level forecast and provide necessary input to color split of sales forecast, especially in new products where the historical information may not be available
- Work closely with global commercial team in the Sales Forecasting process to capture all necessary information that may potential impact sales performance or trends to drive forecast accuracy improvement
- Commercial and Sales strategies that will impact sales performance
- Market trends
- Competitive landscape and activities
- Key account business plans and activities: promotion plans, new stores/store closures, seasonal merchandising plans and any other key account plans that may potential impact sell in or sell through
- Other information that may impact sales performance and sales forecast ( weather, regional economics)
- Work closely with marketing team to understand and analyze the potential impact from heavy up/advertising to sales performance, update sales forecast to reflect it when necessary
- Work closely with B2C team to understand and analyze the potential impact B2C business plans may have on B2B sales forecast for other channels
- Work closely with PLM and Demand Planning team on future product launch preliminary forecast
- Working closely with Regional Commercial team to provide Regional Sales Forecast
- Work closely with Commercial team on Key Account business planning for the responsible portfolio/region to generate specific demand plans to support Key Account business growth while controlling inventory risks
- Sales forecasting analytics
- Create and develop sales forecast based on future products, distribution plans, key account specifics and sell thru analytics etc.
- Review Sales Forecast accuracy on a monthly, quarterly, seasonal and annual basis
- Work with regional commercial team to perform post mortem analysis on a monthly basis, and identify areas of opportunities to improve future sales forecast accuracy
- KPI reporting
- Provide reporting on Sales Forecast accuracy, share the result with internal stakeholders (Sales, B2C, Ops and Finance leadership etc.) as well as the action plans to improve going forward
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by management
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1506-GCSFA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.