Colour Design Assistant
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual as a Colour Design Assistant you will work closely with and support Colour Designers in the creative process and execution of seasonal colour plans. You will also play a key role in processing the complex matrix of coloured raw materials required to complete the Arc’teryx line.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent colour acuity
- Apparel design Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a colour and fashion environment
- A sense of colour harmony
- A knowledge of colour theory
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience coordinating between internal departments and external vendors
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Arc’teryx product and other outdoor related products
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Support Colour Designers throughout creative colour development process and assist in executing seasonal colour direction of assigned portfolios
- Under the guidance and mentorship of colour design team members, collaborate in the completion of all assigned colourway trim specifications and/ or complete colourways
- Assist with preparation of internal and external presentations
- Work closely with Product Developers to ensure colourway Bill of materials (BOM) specifications are accurate, efficient and available to factories on time
- Will be responsible for streamlining Arc’teryx systems to manage colourway trims and cross-category raw materials to ensure creative process efficiencies, purchasing accuracy and quality assurance across categories
- Act as a liaison between Colour Designers, Materials Developers, Colour Department Administrators and Vendors to ensure all materials inquiries are gathered proactively
- Create and maintain a calibrated digital palette and manage digital assets of all seasonal collections for use through Sales and Marketing channels
- Adhere to seasonal calendar dates and assist in achieving on time delivery of all coloured materials
- Will be responsible for facilitating change control and communication with Product Development to ensure the highest standards are met in all Arc’teryx product
- Colour partial or complete colourways for garments, hardgoods, footwear or accessories
- Will support the creative process by troubleshooting colour concerns if necessary
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1506-CDEA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.