Manager - Logisitics
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking an individual to be responsible for managing global logistics for Arc’teryx including the flow of Inbound and Outbound products. The incumbent will be accountable for providing consistent reliable logistic service to internal and external customers, as well as leading continuous improvement in logistics to increase efficiency while optimizing cost. This individual will also be responsible for managing, training and developing future logistics talent.
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Business, Supply Chain or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply chain, specifically in global logistics and distribution in a manufacturing environment
- Minimal 3 years experience in managerial/leadership role; must have experience working on a global logistics setting
- Strong expertise in logistics and distribution, with good knowledge of overall Supply Chain operation
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to perform and direct analytical work
- Thorough knowledge of import/export business, in depth understanding of Canada and US customs rules and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of NAFTA agreements, FTA, C-TPAT, ISF, and tariff codes as well as other logistics related international rules and regulations
- Strong finance knowledge including budgeting, cost center management and cost reduction experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications for business reporting (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong leadership skills and talent development skills
- Professional logistics certification and designation–CSCP, CITT, CITP, CIFFA or CSCB
- Supply Chain designation- APICS, CPIM
- Project management experience
- SAP experience
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage global logistics to provide consistent reliable service to customers while optimizing the balance between desired delivery date and cost efficiency
- Develop 3-5 year logistics and distribution strategy for Arc’teryx in support of Supply Chain and operation strategies, including capacity planning, product flow, and new product launch and beyond
- Manage, build, coach and guide the Logistics team to drive profitable and sustainable growth that strengthens the Brand equity
- Responsible for managing annual freight budget, continuously looking for ways to improve freight spend without comprising service levels
- Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) where needed to establish process discipline and training materials for new hires
- In collaboration with Amer Sports category and group team, manage rates and contracts with global logistics service providers
- Collaborate with internal teams on outbound VAS (value added service) process to improve customer service and minimize shipment claims
- Collaborate with Supply Chain team on D&T projects I.E. network optimization; new manufacturing locations etc; ensuring all aspects of logistics service impact have been considered in overall project plan
- Develop and maintain relevant performance measures and metrics on logistics service provider, as well as supporting Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting in Supply Chain
- Provide feedback on Amer group global carrier contracts for all logistics activities based on the long term needs of Arc’teryx
- Ensure Arc’teryx logistics compliance requirements are being met, identify risks, opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Lead Logistics’ team’s objective development, performance review and talent development
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1411-MLDT-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.